Articles & Presentations
Click to download the following articles in PDF format. Adobe Acrobat required.
The following featured articles are written by Melvin Oden-Orr. They are intended to inform the reader of general legal principles applicable to the subject area. They are not, nor should they be, construed as legal advice regarding specific problems or circumstances. Readers should consult with competent counsel with regard to specific situations.
- Beyond The Regulations: TriMet's New DBE Program and Interstate Max 218.10 Kb
- Deal Or No Deal: The Importance of Written Contracts in Business Affairs 231.62 Kb
- Good Record Keeping Makes For Good Business Practices Under Oregon Limited Liability Company Act 225.75 Kb
- US DOT To Mandate Disparity Studies For Federally-Funded Projects 224.11 Kb
- Special Problems for Real Property Acquisition Valuations: Billboards and Parking Lots 118.61 Kb
- Letters of Intent: Darned If You Do 181.26 Kb
- DBE Certification, Control And Utilization Goals: Dealing With The New Oregon Regime 262.26 kb
Recent Presentations Materials
- Guarding The Goodies: Copyrights, Patents & Trademarks (PowerPoint)
- Landlord Tenant Law In Oregon: An Ounce of Prevention 399.94 Kb
- Title VI in 2008: Are We Closer To A Color-Blind Society? 208.58 Kb
Title VI Presentation Attachments (No copyright claims to government works):
Recent Presentations of Note
- Mr. Oden-Orr was a featured presenter at the American Contract Compliance Association's 2008 National Training Institute, August 29, 2008, in Portland, Oregon. His presentation was entitled, "Title VI in 2008: Are We Closer To A Color-Blind Society? "
Mr. Oden-Orr was a featured presenter at a continuing legal education seminar entitled "Landlord-Tenant Law: Beyond The Basics" on Thursday, December 11, 2008, where he addressed residential landlord/tenant issues facing property managers and rental property owners. The program was sponsored by Sterling Education Services.
Mr. Oden-Orr facilitated the U.S. Department of Transportation DBE Roundtable Discussion at the NAMC 2010 National Conference, June 17, 2010, in Portland, Oregon.